Generate and store your own energy
A battery storage system will allow you to benefit more from having a solar system on your roof. The battery will store the excess energy generated by your solar power system during the day and allow you to use it in the evening or whenever it’s needed.
Back in 2016 we introduced Tesla Powerwall. Now with the launch of Powerwall 2, you’ll get more than double the storage capacity compared to the first generation Powerwall. Powerwall 2 has a built in inverter, and a compact design which means it can be installed either indoors or outside your home.
Powerwall 2 is available from us in New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Victoria. Request a quote today and we’ll contact you about getting a battery storage system up and running in your home.
How Tesla Powerwall 2 batteries work
Powerwall is a home battery system that turns your home’s solar power system into an all-day resource. Powerwall allows you to store energy from your solar panels when the sun is shining, so you can use the stored power at night, or at some other time. Watch our quick video to see how battery storage systems work.
Benefits of Powerwall 2 battery storage
- Increases the amount of solar energy a home can directly consume. This commonly means charging the battery during times when solar generation exceeds what your home is using. You can then use the power from the battery when your home needs more energy than your solar system is generating.
- Decreases the amount of electricity you need to receive and buy from the grid.
- Greater control over energy costs, by storing energy during low-price times for use when prices are high.
A complete energy solution
At EnergyAustralia, we’re ready to help customers embrace this new technology and take control of your home’s energy use and costs. Our team of energy experts can tailor a Powerwall 2 system to suit your household needs. We also include full installation, giving your home a complete energy storage solution.
Powerwall 2 home battery features
Completely automated, it installs easily and requires no maintenance. Other features include:
- 13.5 kWh energy storage capacity, more than double the first generation Powerwall
- Floor or wall mounted design
- Installation flexibility – can be placed indoors or outdoors
- Up to 10 year warranty subject to the conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty
- Over-the-air software updates so the battery is always operating at its best
EnergyAustralia Home Services Pty Ltd ABN 43 095 759 881, NSW Licence No. 248747C, SA Licence No. BLD262323 and PGE244509.
Your roof-mounted solar panels contain photovoltaic cells, also known as solar cells. When sunlight falls on the cells they convert the sun’s energy into DC (direct current) power.
Small Scale Technology Certificates (STC) are still available for most households. These certificates help reduce the cost of solar to you. Most solar providers, including EnergyAustralia, advertise solar pricing with the STCs already removed from the price. This is because you can sign over the STC rebates to the solar provider and therefore reduce the cost of the system.
This is the rate at which you are paid for exporting excess electricity generation back to the grid and is retailer dependant.
It will exported to the electricity grid where, depending on your retailer and tariff, you may be given a credit towards your electricity bill.
That depends on what meter you currently have. A bi-directional smart meter is needed to support solar. These are very common in Victoria but less common in other states and therefore a new meter will need to be installed as part of your solar installation. In most cases, EnergyAustralia can organise this for you.