As a customer, you may qualify for various concessions administered by EnergyAustralia on behalf of the ACT State Government. Eligibility conditions vary and are subject to change from time to time. Please read the information provided for each concession below to see if you are eligible.
1 July 2020 concession rate change
We have not been informed of any rate changes to concessions impacting electricity bills from 1 July 2020.
From 1 July 2017, the previous Energy and Utilities concession and the Water and Sewage rebate have been combined into a single Utilities concession. The Utilities concession is paid as a daily amount, with a higher amount in winter than summer.
To be eligible, the account holder must hold one of the following concession cards:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (for recipients of War Widow or War Widower, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated or Extreme Disablement Adjustment pensions).
The Utilities concession is only available at the account holder’s principal place of residence.
The daily amounts are listed below:
- The winter period covers from 1 June to 31 October and a daily concession amount of $2.88183 is applied during this period.
- The summer period covers 1 November to 31 May and a daily concession amount of $0.76925 is applied during this period.
How to apply
You can apply via one of the following methods:
Life Support Rebate
If you use electrically-operated life support equipment as prescribed by an ACT medical practitioner necessary in the treatment of a life-threatening condition, you may be entitled to a life support rebate on your electricity account.
Refer to the ACT government’s life support website, for details of eligible equipment.
The Life Support rebate is applied as a consistent daily amount all year. The rebate is currently $121.87 per year.
Please note - you do not have to be a concession card holder to be eligible for the Life Support Rebate.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Life Support Application Form
Have your doctor sign it to confirm that you need the equipment.
Send the completed form to:
Locked Bag 14060
Melbourne City Mail Centre