Find out more about your energy contract with us
Information about our rates - Energy fact sheets
To find out more about the price and other information about your energy product, please see our Basic Plan Information Documents. In Victoria these are called Energy Fact Sheets.
You can find out more about rate changes in Victoria and New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia and Queensland.
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions contain important information about your rights and obligations as an EnergyAustralia customer. They are made up of:
- terms and conditions
- your energy plan details (formerly the product schedule) incorporating the written disclosure statement for customers on a market contract
- green options (if applicable)
If your energy plan includes discounts, bill credits, or other benefits, this Market contract applies to you.
Our updated market retail contract terms and conditions will take effect from 1 February 2024. If you’re on our market retail contract before 1 February 2024, these terms and conditions will be replaced on 1 February 2024 by our updated market retail contract terms and conditions.
The summary of the key clauses below will help you understand how our updated terms and conditions may affect you.
Clause 1.7: We may amend this contract by notice to you to reflect changes in laws or regulations, or make variations that are reasonably necessary to protect our legitimate business interest.
Clauses 2.1 and 2.2: You must provide us accurate information that we need to supply you energy, and update us when that information changes.
Clause 3.1: To the extent permitted by law, we make no representations about the condition or suitability of the energy we supply.
Clause 3.2: The energy laws exclude our liability for failure to supply energy to your premises or because of the defective supply of energy, unless we’ve acted in bad faith or negligently. We are also not liable for a failure to supply gas if the failure arises out of any accident or cause beyond our control.
Clause 4.8: We may charge you an exit fee if that is included in your Energy Plan Details.
Clause 5.2: You agree that we may change your plan if you are or become ineligible for the plan, and may transfer you to your previous retailer if that is possible and you were ineligible for your plan at the start of this contract.
Clause 10.2: We may vary the tariffs and charges set out in your Energy Plan Details, or introduce new tariffs and charges, in certain circumstances. We will give you notice before doing that and you may notify us that you wish to end the Contract within 20 business days of receiving that notice.
Clause 12: We may disconnect your energy supply in certain circumstances.
Our market retail contract terms and conditions contain details of the rights and obligations you have when we supply energy to you, please read them fully.
If you're currently receiving your electricity bills from EnergyAustralia and you have not signed up to a market contract, this Standard contract applies to you.
For new connections, this contract applies if EnergyAustralia is the local retailer for your area and you have not signed up to a market contract.
Find our standing offer rates for your area and choose Basic Home or Basic Business when you select a plan.
Victorian Standing Offer customers and Unmetered Supply customers in Victoria (AusNet) and New South Wales (Ausgrid)
Find out more about our fees and charges in your state.
EnergyAustralia Solar Feed-In Terms and Conditions
If EnergyAustralia is buying electricity from you and you are receiving a Feed-In Tariff, you will have entered into a Feed-In contract with EnergyAustralia. A Feed-In Tariff is a credit that we pay you for any unused electricity that your solar power system sends back to the power grid. It is usually paid as a credit on our electricity bills.
The Terms and Conditions of your Feed-In contract are available below. Different Terms and Conditions apply depending on the type of Feed-in Tariff that applies to you.
- Victorian Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions (current)
- Victorian Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions (applies to customers who entered into a feed-in tariff agreement before 1 September 2021)
- Victorian Premium Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions (closed to new entrants)
- Victorian Standard Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions (closed to new entrants)
- Victorian Transitional Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions (closed to new entrants)
Bulk Hot Water Terms and Conditions
View Terms & Conditions for Bulk Hot Water.
Customer charters (prior to 1 July 2012)
Under Victorian regulation, we are required to provide a copy of our Customer charter as soon as we arrange to connect electricity or gas to your premises. If you would like a copy of Customer charters applicable before 30 June 2012, contact us.
Billing information about greenhouse gas emissions from energy usage
We encourage our customers to learn more about how energy usage impacts greenhouse gas emissions, and are required by Victorian regulation to include information about greenhouse gas emissions on bills for certain customers, in accordance with the Essential Services Commission Guideline 13.
PowerResponse Terms and Conditions
- Summer EA Battery December 2018 (closed to new entrants)
- Summer Solar Battery February 2018 (closed to new entrants)
- Summer Partner Battery February 2018 (closed to new entrants)
- Summer Fixed Battery February 2018 (closed to new entrants)
- Summer Variable Battery February 2018 (closed to new entrants)
- Winter Standard Battery July 2019 (closed to new entrants)
- Spring Standard Battery October 2019 (closed to new entrants)
Residential Energy Storage Redback V1003 (closed to new entrants)
- Residential Energy Storage Tesla PW2 V1001 (closed to new entrants)
Residential Energy Storage Tesla PW2 V1003 (closed to new entrants)
PowerResponse Virtual Power Plant terms and conditions (closed to new entrants)
- Business PowerResponse Terms and Conditions May 2020 (closed to new entrants)
- Residential PowerResponse Terms & Conditions October 2020