Find out more about your energy contract with us
Information about our rates - Energy price fact sheets
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions contain important information about your rights and obligations as an EnergyAustralia customer. They are made up of:
- terms and conditions
- your energy plan details (formerly the product schedule) incorporating the written disclosure statement for customers on a market contract
- green options (if applicable)
Recent changes to our terms and conditions
We recently updated our terms and conditions due to regulatory changes. Depending on where you live, or where your small business is located, these changes may impact you:
- In all states:
- residential and small business customers can now receive important price change notifications before a change happens
- if a meter reading hasn’t been completed, residential and small business customers can submit their own reading. This will improve the accuracy of estimated bills, reducing the risk of bill shock
- In VIC, residential customers can now access more assistance if you’re having trouble paying your bills
- In ACT, NSW, SA and QLD:
- residential and small business customers who need a smart meter can enjoy reliable installation timeframes, providing greater confidence and control of when their meter is installed
- customers who need life support have additional protections, through a more robust life support registration process for energy retailers and distributors to follow
We’ve also made some minor changes to our market retail contract to reflect the products we’re offering from 1 July 2019.
If your energy plan includes discounts, bill credits, or other benefits, this Market contract applies to you.
If you're currently receiving your electricity bills from EnergyAustralia and you have not signed up to a market contract, this Standard contract applies to you.
For new connections, this contract applies if EnergyAustralia is the local retailer for your area and you have not signed up to a market contract.
Find our standing offer rates for your area and choose Basic Home or Basic Business when you select a plan.
Find out more about our fees and charges in your state.
EnergyAustralia Solar Feed-In Terms and Conditions
If EnergyAustralia is buying electricity from you and you are receiving a Feed-In Tariff, you will have entered into a Feed-In contract with EnergyAustralia. A Feed-In Tariff is a credit that we pay you for any unused electricity that your solar power system sends back to the power grid. It is usually paid as a credit on our electricity bills.
The Terms and Conditions of your Feed-In contract are available below. Different Terms and Conditions apply depending on the type of Feed-in Tariff that applies to you.
- Victorian Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions
- Victorian Premium Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions (closed to new entrants)
- Victorian Standard Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions (closed to new entrants)
- Victorian Transitional Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions (closed to new entrants)
- New South Wales Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions
- Queensland Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions
- South Australia Feed-In Tariff Terms & Conditions
Bulk Hot Water Terms and Conditions
View Terms & Conditions for Bulk Hot Water.
Customer charters (prior to 1 July 2012)
Under Victorian regulation, we are required to provide a copy of our Customer charter as soon as we arrange to connect electricity or gas to your premises. If you would like a copy of Customer charters applicable before 30 June 2012, contact us.
Billing information about greenhouse gas emissions from energy usage
We encourage our customers to learn more about how energy usage impacts greenhouse gas emissions, and are required by Victorian regulation to include information about greenhouse gas emissions on bills for certain customers, in accordance with the Essential Services Commission Guideline 13.
PowerResponse Terms and Conditions
- Summer EA PowerResponse December 2017
- Spring Standard PowerResponse September 2018