If you’re having difficulty paying your energy bills, you may be able to get government assistance if you’re eligible. We can also organise payments via Centrelink.


If you receive Centrelink payments, we can arrange for regular amounts to be transferred from your payments to pay your EnergyAustralia bill. Visit Centrelink to find out more or call us on 133 466 and we’ll do the legwork for you.

State government support

You could be eligible for state government assistance to help pay your utility bills. Visit the Government’s MoneySmart website for info in your state.

South Australia

South Australian customers can apply for assistance from the Emergency Electricity Payment Scheme (EEPS). To apply, you’ll need to visit a financial counsellor who’ll assess your situation.

For information on this scheme, call the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI)’s concession hotline on 1800 307 758 or visit the South Australian Government website.

New South Wales

New South Wales customers can apply for Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA). Visit the Department of Industry Resources & Energy.

View information about the EAPA scheme in other languages below:

View additional information on the EAPA Scheme in Arabic, Simplified Chinese and Vietnamese.


Queensland customers can apply for assistance from the Home Energy Emergency Assistance Scheme (HEEAS). Visit the Queensland Government website.


Victorian customers can apply for assistance from the Utility Relief Grant Scheme (URGS). Visit the Victoria State Government website.