You can register for My Account if you're an EnergyAustralia residential or small business customer, and the main account holder.
- Your account number (which can be found on your EnergyAustralia bill)
- Your email address
- ID such as a driver's licence or Medicare card, so we can verify your identity (please remember you must be the main account holder. If you’re not, then verification will fail)
Your account number is the number we use to uniquely identify each gas and/or electricity account that you have with us, and can be found on the front page of your EnergyAustralia bill.
Your new password must be 8 characters or more and have at least:
- One lower case and one upper case letter
- One number
If you've forgotten your password, use the Forgotten password link on the My Account home page to create a new one.
If you know your username and password for My Account:
- Check the spelling of your username and password.
- Check if your temporary password reset link has expired.
- Reset your password if you used the Forgotten password link.
We have created a help page for My Account with step by step instructions for most functions.
You can add or update concession details to be applied against your accounts to receive any eligible rebates.
EnergyAustralia provides electricity and gas concessions on behalf of State and Federal Governments. For details on our concessions and rebates, see the page relevant to your state:
We aim to conform with level A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). This website will be upgraded to Double A compliance over time. In some cases, content will be accessible to Level Triple A.
Please give us your feedback. There are options to provide feedback in the Help and Support section of My Account.
Alternatively, you can contact us.
Your username is the email address you used when you first registered with My Account. If your username doesn’t work, please check the spelling and try again.
If you’re still unable to log in, contact us.
If you forgot your password:
- Go to My Account
- Select Forgotten password
- Enter your email address that you use to log in and we’ll send you an email with a link to reset your password. The link will only be valid for 24 hours for your security
- After you create your new password you can log in to My Account
If you don’t receive the email to reset your password, make sure to check your Spam and Junk folders. If you still can’t find it, request a password reset again. If you’re still having trouble, please contact us.
If you enter the wrong username and password more than five times, your account will get locked for one hour. You can try to log in again after this time.
It depends if you updated your contact email address or login email address. The contact email address is the email we send your bills to, and your login email address is the email address you use to log in to My Account.
I'm logged in now...
You can easily add any missing accounts by using the following steps:
Step 1 – Add an account
- Go to your Settings in the top right hand corner next to the notification icon
- Select Link/Unlink accounts from the drop-down options
- Select either the Residential or Business drop-down
- Enter the account number and postcode
- Select Next
If the account is found, My Account will ask you to confirm your identity.
Step 2 – Confirm your identity
- You will be prompted to provide at least one type of identification such as your date of birth, driver’s licence or Medicare card
- If validated, the active account will be linked to your My Account profile
If you still can’t see your other account, check at the top of the main page to see if it says ‘switch to a different address’ and click on it to view it. If it doesn’t appear, please contact us.
You might not be able to add your electricity or gas account if:
- You entered the wrong account number
- You entered a date of birth that isn't linked to the account number
- You entered a different postcode to the service address for the account
- You’re not the main account holder for the account
You can add and manage all the gas and electricity accounts where you’re listed as the main account holder.
How do I?...
On the My Account main page, select Contact Details. Update your details and select Save Changes. Your changes will be updated right away.
Go to Bill Delivery Preferences option on the main page and select email for each account you’d like to receive an electronic bill for.
If you’re a BPay View customer, you must de-register from BPay View before you can update your billing preferences. Please speak with your financial institution if you need help to de-register from BPay View.
Select the Concession Cards option on the main page and add your concession details.
Select the Payment Extensions option on the main page and submit your request for the relevant account.
You can only request one payment extension for each outstanding bill. This provides a two-week payment extension from your bill due date. If you need a longer extension or assistance, please contact us.
Once you’ve logged into My Account:
- Select Additional Account Holder from the main page
- Enter the details of the person you’d like to add as an additional account holder
- Select the level of account access you’d like them to have:
- Enquiry only (access to account information)
- Fully authorised (make changes to the account)
- Financially responsible (responsible for payment and debt)
The nominated person will receive an email and can either accept or decline your offer. If they accept, they’ll be directed to a secure online form where they’ll enter their details so we will set them up in our system.
Once you’ve logged into My Account
- Select Billing History from the main page
- Select View billing history
- Select the bill you’d like to view
- Click the PDF icon that appears at the bottom of the page
- Click save
Once you’ve logged into My Account:
- Select pay bill for the account you wish to pay
- Enter the payment amount
- Select a card that you have ‘remembered’ or enter the details from a new card
- Select the pay button
- You’ll receive a confirmation email when your payment has been submitted
Live chat is currently unavailable.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
To register for My Account, you'll need your Account Number (which can be found on your EnergyAustralia bill), an email address and some ID handy, like a Driver's Licence or Medicare Card, so that we can verify your identity.
You will also be asked to set up a password for your My Account.
You can register now at My Account.
We use data collected from a sample of our customers, across all states in which we operate, and who have been with us for at least 9 months. We have calculated the total energy costs of similar households from the hundreds of thousands of customers sampled and divided that sum by the total number of customers. Using that as a base we have calculated the approximate energy costs for similar households for each month/quarter.
We then apply the rates for your zone, service charges, and any discounts which come with the plan you select. All these can differ from area to area, state to state, and in some cases even from winter to summer.
The simple part is that we do all the calculating. Our aim is to provide you with an indication of what customers of similar households living in your area could expect to pay on average per month/per quarter. It should not be used as an official quote. The amount you actually pay will be based on your individual energy usage.
If you just need an extra week or two to pay a typical bill you can request a payment extension through:
We will automatically adjust the due date. You’ll just need to enter your account details and some information that can be found on your current bill. Contact us if you’re having greater difficulty paying your bill and would like to discuss your options.