Nobody likes paying extra if they can avoid it, but you might find yourself charged extra fees if you pay your bill after the due date.
You'll see late payment fee mentioned in clause 13.4 of your Market Retail Contract and in the Energy Plan Details section of your Welcome Pack. You can access a copy of our Market Retail Contract here.
- The late payment fee on market retail contracts is $12.00
- The late payment fee on Government regulated standing offer contracts is $10.90
You’re won’t be charged the late payment fee if you’re:
- On our Hardship program (EnergyAssist)
- Based in Victoria
- On a Standard Offer Tariff in Queensland (it will be stated on your bill)
- On a Flexi Saver or Secure Saver plan
- On a regular payment plan
- On an active payment extension
- The Trustee for a Deceased estate
- A pensioner with a valid concession during the billing period
- Receiving your final bill
- Receiving the Medical Energy Rebate
- A Not for profit and charity organisation
Like any business, we send reminders and follow-ups when payments aren’t made on time. Late payment fees cover these costs.
On your next bill, the late payment fee will show as part of the total amount due, so you’ll pay it when you pay that bill.
Our dedicated team can work with you to arrange a suitable plan to help you with any difficulties paying your energy bills.
If you live in Victoria, you may be entitled to extra assistance. More information can be found here.