Skip to main content
A little research and comparison can help you decide.
Plan comparison checklist
- since 1 July 2019, it’s easier to compare energy plans. Enter your usage details from a recent bill and you’ll be able to compare for yourself.
- for electricity plans remember to look at the percentage difference from the reference price. The bigger the discount off the reference price, the better the deal for you.
- energy tariffs – a tariff is the price you're charged for connecting to an electricity or gas network for the energy you use.
- discounts and offers – do you get a guaranteed discount or discount for paying your bills by the due date?
- type of contract – is the plan on a standard or market retail contract?
- service options – do you receive a bi-monthly, monthly or quarterly bill? Is full payment required or can you opt for a payment plan?
- fees and charges – are there connection/disconnection/early exit fees or concessions?
- terms and conditions – how long is the benefit period? Are there any special conditions?
- add-ons – are there green energy, carbon neutral and solar power options on your plan?
- features and benefits – what are the top three benefits of your chosen plan?
Switching energy providers?
Compare our residential electricity and gas plans and find the one that’s right for you.
Find a plan