Take the time and learn how to compare plans so you're more informed
Plan comparison checklist
A little research and comparison can go a long way. Before you connect or make a switch, take in the following:
- energy tariffs – a tariff is the price you're charged for connecting to an electricity or gas network for the energy you use.
- discounts and offers – do you get a guaranteed discount or discount for paying your bills by the due date?
- type of contract – is the plan on a standard or market retail contract?
- service options – do you receive a bi-monthly, monthly or quarterly bill? Is full payment required or can you opt for a payment plan?
- fees and charges – are there connection/disconnection/early exit fees or concessions?
- terms and conditions – how long is the benefit period? Are there any special conditions?
- add-ons – are there green energy, carbon neutral for electricity and solar power options on your plan?
- features and benefits – what are the top three benefits of your chosen plan?