There are several options to help you pay your energy accounts. You can:
- request a payment extension for a week or two
- set up an instalment plan to smooth out your payments
If you need further assistance, please get in contact with us via live chat.
Personalised instalment plan
We have two options that can help you manage your energy account payments. You can:
- pay your energy accounts in regular, affordable instalments
- make payments as you go and make up the difference when you get your bill
Call us on 133 466 to discuss the option that will suit you best.
Energy saving ideas
Use our energy saving tips to help you save energy and money.
Our EnergyAssist Program
Financial hardship can happen to anyone – that’s why we take steps to make things easier for you to get back on track. If you’re impacted by long-term financial hardship, we have payment arrangements to suit your situation. We can also:
- remove your accounts from our standard credit and collection activities – including disconnection and any debt recovery action
- help you apply for government grants or any other assistance schemes that may be available to you
- give you energy-saving tips to help reduce your energy bills
- give you details of an financial counsellor to help manage your finances
When you call, we will:
- ask you basic questions about your financial position and the circumstances relating to your financial difficulties. This helps us assess your eligibility for an instalment plan.
- try to work out how much you’re able to pay. This helps us tailor a plan that best suits your circumstances.
Financial counselling is a free community service to help people struggling to pay bills and debts. Many not-for-profit community organisations offer free financial counselling.
Additional assistance for Victorian customers
In addition to the assistance outlined above, Victorian customers can access additional assistance under the Payment Difficulty Framework (PDF), effective as of 1 January, 2019. This framework includes new rules aimed at assisting customers experiencing payment difficulties to help them in the repayment of any of their outstanding debt and ongoing energy costs.
These options could include:
- Setting up a personally tailored payment plan based on your energy usage;
- Providing information on any concessions you may be eligible for;
- Providing advice on energy efficiency to help you reduce your energy bills;
- Working with you to reduce your ongoing energy usage and potentially pause any payments towards your outstanding balance for a set period of time; and
- Victorian state government assistance through the Utility Relief Grant Scheme (URGS) for customers unable to pay their energy bills due to a short term financial crisis or emergency. Find out more here.