From 1 November 2016, some new processing fees were introduced, which may apply to you.
- Paper bill fee $1.69 (incl. GST)
- Over the counter payment fee at Australia Post $1.91 (incl. GST)
- Credit card merchant service fee 0.36% for paying bills by Visa or MasterCard®, and 1.5% for paying bill by American Express®. If your direct debit is coming from one of these credit cards, no fee will apply.
List of fees
Exempt from paper bill fee and payment fees
- All Concession card holders, including Pensioners
- All EnergyAssist customers
- All Victorian customers on a Standing Offer Tariff
- All Queensland customers on a Standing Offer Tariff
Exempt from paper bill fees, but payment fees are still applicable
- All Visually Impaired customers
- All Priority Business and Major Builders
- SME Customers with greater than 5 accounts
Exempt from payment fees, but paper bill fees are still applicable
- All customers receiving their final bill
It’s easy to avoid the fee by setting up eBilling and having your bill delivered to your preferred email address.
The best way to avoid these fees is by setting up direct debit from a credit card or bank account, payment via cheque or BPAY from a bank account.
You can set up both eBilling and direct debit on your account by using your account number and postcode to register for My Account, your online, self-service portal. Log in 24/7 at My Account. You can also call our friendly team if you have any questions.
Yes. You can continue to use your credit card, without incurring the fees by setting up a direct debit, including fortnightly or monthly instalments on a set date of your choice.
This can be managed 24/7, online with My Account. Alternatively you can call us and we’ll update it for you.
In the unlikely event that we direct debit the incorrect amount, we'll refund the payment back into your bank account or credit card.
If you’re concerned you may not have adequate funds in your savings account each month, you can set up a direct debit from a MasterCard®, Visa or American Express® credit card. There is no fee to arrange a direct debit from a credit card, however if you use a credit card to manually pay your bill, fees may apply.
There is no charge to make a payment via Electronic funds transfer (EFT) or via BPAY from a cheque or savings account.
If you're concerned that you won't be able to pay your next bill, please contact us on 133 466 so we can work with you to arrange a suitable plan and the payments options we have available for you. We have a team dedicated to helping you with any difficulties you may have paying your energy bills, so call us to discuss further.