As a customer, you may qualify for various concessions administered by EnergyAustralia on behalf of the QLD Government. Eligibility conditions vary and are subject to change from time to time. Please read the information provided for each concession below to see if you are eligible.
1 July 2020 concession rate change
We have not been informed of any rate changes to concessions impacting electricity bills from 1 July 2020.
Queensland electricity concession
From 1 July 2017, the Queensland electricity concession is $0.8489 per day (excluding GST). This rebate is applied as a daily amount on your electricity bill.
To be eligible, the account holder must hold one of the following concession cards:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (and receive the War Widow/er Pension or special rate TPI Pension)
- Queensland Seniors Card
Asylum seekers are also eligible for this concession. You will need to provide your ImmiCard details to confirm your eligibility status.
The premise for which the rebate is claimed must be your principal place of residence.
Are you eligible for a concession?
If you have an account with EnergyAustralia:
You can apply via one of the following methods:
- Call us on 133 466
- Register your concession details through MyAccount
- Download and complete the attached application form, then returning a completed copy to the following address:
Locked Bag 14060
Melbourne City Mail Centre
If you live in an apartment complex, residential park, retirement village or a granny flat
Contact the person/organisation sending your electricity bill and they will organise an application on your behalf.