As a customer, you may qualify for various concessions administered by the South Australian Government. Eligibility conditions vary and are subject to change from time to time. Please read the information provided for each concession below to see if you are eligible.
Energy Bill Concession
Eligible South Australians on low or fixed incomes can apply for help with the cost of their energy bills at their principal place of residence, by applying for the Energy Bill Concession.
From 1 July 2023, the Energy Bill Concession is $0.719 per day (excluding GST) and is applied to your electricity account..
To register for the Energy Bill Concession:
- Apply online via the South Australian Government’s household concessions application and update form.(Tap the "Start now" button to launch it.)
- Download the South Australian Government’s Application for Household Concessions form (PDF 277 kB) and submit the completed application form by:
- OR post it to:
Reply Paid 292
Adelaide SA 5001
- Contact ConcessionsSA (9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday) on 1800 307 758 to ask for an application form to be sent to you.
For more information, visit the South Australian Government’s Energy Bill Concessions web page. You can check your eligibility while you’re there. Alternatively, you call the Department of Human Services (DHS) ConcessionSA hotline on 1800 307 758.
Medical Heating and Cooling Concession
The Medical Heating and Cooling Concession assists South Australians on a fixed or low income who have a clinically verified medical condition which requires the frequent use of heating or cooling in the home to prevent the severe worsening of their condition.
The Medical Heating and Cooling Concession is currently $263.15 (excluding GST) per annum and is applied to your electricity account.
To register for the Medical Heating and Cooling concession:
- Download the Medical Heating and Cooling Concession - Application Form (136.7 KB PDF) or phone the Medical Heating and Cooling line on 1300 735 350 and ask for a form to be sent to you.
- Complete and sign the application form with your medical practitioner. Medical Heating and Cooling Concession Clinical Guidelines (68.5 KB PDF)
- Email the form to MHC@sa.gov.au
For more information, visit the South Australian Government’s Medical Heating and Cooling Concessions webpage. You can check your eligibility and apply while you’re there.
Emergency Electricity Payment Scheme (EEPS)
Households with significant financial difficulties, or who have had their electricity disconnected (or are at risk of disconnection), may be eligible for an EEPS payment.
The current EEPS amount is $400 (excluding GST) and is applied to your electricity account.
EEPS is only accessible through financial counsellors who will assess your financial situation before lodging an application. You can only receive an EEPS payment once every three years.
For more information, visit the South Australian Government’s financial assistance website. Alternatively, you can call the National Debt Hotline on 1800 007 007.
Are you switching to EnergyAustralia?
To continue receiving your South Australian Government energy concessions, you need to:
- Contact the Department of Human Services Concessions Hotline on 1800 307 758 or email email@example.com, once you have received the first bill from EnergyAustralia
- Provide the new account number and billing period.
The following flyer provides some additional details if you are changing energy retailers.