Any EnergyAustralia residential or small business customer can register for My Account.
To register for My Account, you'll need your Account Number (which can be found on your EnergyAustralia bill), an email address and some ID handy, like a Driver's Licence or Medicare Card, so that we can verify your identity.
You will also be asked to set up a password for your My Account.
You can register now at My Account.
Your account number is the number we use to uniquely identify each gas and electricity account.
You can find your account number on the front page of your EnergyAustralia bill.
You can easily add any missing accounts by using the following steps:
Step 1 – Add an account
- Select Link/Unlink Account from the '"Hi Customer Name" drop down.
- Select the Residential drop-down.
- Enter the account number and postcode.
- Select Next.
If the account is found, My Account will request that you confirm your identity.
Step 2 – Confirm your identity
- You will be prompted to provide at least one type of identification.
- If validated, the active account will be linked your My Account profile.
There are a number of reasons why you might not be able to add your electricity or gas account:
- You entered a non-existent account number.
- You entered an ABN that is not registered to the account number.
- You entered a company name that is not registered to the account number.
You can add and manage as many gas and electricity accounts as you need in My Account.
Your new password must be between 8 and 12 characters and have at least:
- One lower case and one upper case letter
- One number
Your username is the email address you used when you first registered with My Account. If your username doesn’t work, please check the spelling and try again.
If you’re still unable to log in contact us.
If you can't remember your password, you can ask for a new one:
- Go to My Account.
- Select Forgotten password.
- Enter your email address to generate an email containing a unique link, which will enable you to create a new password. This link is valid for 24 hours. After this time you will need to request another password reset.
- After you create your new password you can log in from the My Account home page.
If you feel you haven’t received the email, make sure the email hasn't been sent to your Spam or Junk folder before requesting to reset the password again.
Your new password must be between 8 and 12 characters and have at least with one lower case and one upper case letter and one number
Your temporary password expires within 24 hours of activation. If your temporary password has expired, click the Forgotten password button and request a new one.
You may need to copy and paste the reset password link directly into your internet browser.
If you've forgotten your password, use the Forgotten password link on the My Account home page to create a new one.
If you know your username and password for My Account:
- Check the spelling of your username and password.
- Check if your temporary password reset link has expired.
- Reset your password if you used the Forgotten password link.
Yes, if you changed your profile email address. This is the email address you use to log in to My Account. If you updated your account contact details email address, but not the profile email address, there is no change to your login details.
Yes, to update your mailing address, email address or phone numbers, just:
Select Contact Details from the My Account main page or from the top right under ‘Settings’. Update your details and, then select the Save Changes. Your changes will be updated right away.
Yes, go to Bill Delivery Preferences and select email for each account you’d like to receive an email bill for.
If you are a BPay View customer, you must de-register from BPay View before you are able to update your billing preferences please speak with your financial institution for assistance in de-registering from BPay view.
Yes, go to the Concession Cards option from the main page and fill all of the requested fields to add your concession details.
You can add or update concession details to be applied against your accounts to receive any eligible rebates.
EnergyAustralia provides electricity and gas concessions on behalf of State and Federal Governments. For details on our concessions and rebates, see the page relevant to your state:
Select the Payment Extensions option from the main page and submit your request for the relevant account.
You can only request one payment extension for each outstanding bill. This provides a two-week payment extension from your bill due date. If you need a longer extension or assistance you will need to contact us.
Once logged into My Account:
- Select Additional Account Holder from the main page.
- Enter the details of the person you wish to add as an additional account holder.
- Select the level of access to your account you’d like them to have.
This will send an email to your nominated person. Then your nominated person can either decline your offer or accept. To accept, they will be directed to a secure online form where they will enter their details, and we will set them up in our system.
We aim to conform with level A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). This website will be upgraded to Double A compliance over time. In some cases, content will be accessible to Level Triple A.