If you, or a member of your household, depends on life support, you need to register this on your account. 

You are classified as being life support dependent if you depend on any of the following equipment:

  • Oxygen concentrator 
  • Intermittent peritoneal dialysis machine
  • Kidney dialysis machine 
  • Chronic positive airways pressure respirator 
  • Crigler najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment 
  • Ventilator for life support 
  • Any other equipment (whether fuelled by electricity or gas) that a registered medical practitioner certifies is required for life support, or a medical condition which requires continued supply of gas.

Call us on 133 466 so we can register this on your account. We’ll advise your local energy distributor, who will provide you with practical advice and an emergency phone number in the event of a power failure or interruption (planned or unplanned).

Once we’ve registered you for life support, we’ll send you an application form. Alternatively, you can download the form for your state below:

You’ll need to complete this application form and have your medical practitioner sign it. Please then return it to us within 10 business days of registering life support on your account, either by:

Failure to do this may result in you no longer being registered for life support with EnergyAustralia or your distributor.

It’s also important you return your completed application form so we can apply any concessions for which you may be eligible.