If you, or a member of your household, depends on life support, you need to register this on your account.
You are classified as being life support dependent if you depend on any of the following equipment:
- Oxygen concentrator
- Intermittent peritoneal dialysis machine
- Kidney dialysis machine
- Chronic positive airways pressure respirator
- Crigler najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment
- Ventilator for life support
- Any other equipment (whether fuelled by electricity or gas) that a registered medical practitioner certifies is required for life support, or a medical condition which requires continued supply of gas.
Call us on 133 466 so we can register this on your account. We’ll advise your local energy distributor, and you will receive practical advice and an emergency phone number in the event of a power failure or interruption (planned or unplanned).
Once we’ve registered you for life support, we’ll send you an application form.
You’ll need to complete this application form and have your medical practitioner sign it. Please then return it to us by the due date printed on the form, either by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (03) 8628 1680
Life Support Administrator
Locked Bag 14060
MELBOURNE VIC 8001
Failure to do this may result in you no longer being registered for life support with EnergyAustralia or your distributor.
Alternatively, if you are registered for MyAccount, please login to your My Account from the EnergyAustralia home page. In the top right-hand corner, within your settings, there is a Life Support drop down. Click on this to follow the instructions on how to register your property for Life Support.
We will then send the Life Support Application form to your registered mailing address.
EnergyAustralia has provided the following information to assist customers in understanding the various concessions provided by state government and the eligibility requirements to receive these concessions. It is the responsibility of the reader to determine whether they are entitled to receive a concession.
Choose your state for details on concessions that may be available to you:
Already know you are eligible?
If you have an account with EnergyAustralia, you can apply via one of the following methods:
- Register your concession details through MyAccount
- Select the Can we help? option on this screen to chat with us online.