Every year, EnergyAustralia accepts applications for grant funding to be used by local organisations who can address key social issues currently facing the regions around our sites and offices of Geelong, Hallett, Mt Piper, Tallawarra and Yallourn.
EnergyAustralia has two priority areas for grant funding. To be considered for funding, activities must address one of these areas:
- Education: Funding aimed at promoting education and knowledge acquisition. This can include programs with a social or environmental focus and organisations which support career or skill development.
- Social inclusion: Funding aimed at facilitating social inclusion. This is aimed at initiatives that support community cohesion and can include such things as men’s sheds, upgrading communal facilities, improving local amenities and supporting vulnerable community members.
- [Mt Piper round one only] Bushfire relief activities: Specific projects or activities that assist in the recovery of those directly impacted by the recent fires in the Lithgow local Government area. Please note, this is only available for round one of the Mt Piper 2020 Community Grants Program.
Applications will be reviewed against these criteria:
- The organisation: The applicant has a clear purpose, clearly understands who it is targeting and how it addresses the issue.
- Social Issue: The issue is important to the local community and addresses one of the outlined priority areas. The applicant should demonstrate that the project is directed at solving problems in a sustainable way rather than providing short-term relief from symptoms or long-term dependency.
- Funding: The proposal clearly outlines how donated funds will be utilised. The grant amount should cover a significant part, if not all, of the total project cost.
- Measures: There are measures in place to evaluate project success.
Please read the Community Grant Guidelines PDF prior to submitting your application.