- If you wish to notify us in writing about anything in this agreement, you should write to EnergyAustralia Pty Ltd, Reply Paid 14060, Melbourne VIC 8001
- We may send notices either electronically to your email address or by ordinary post to the address you have given us.
- If sent by mail, communications are taken to be received on the day they would be received in the ordinary course of post.
- By agreeing to the Direct Debit Request, by the method presented, you authorise us to arrange for funds to be debited from your Account in accordance with the Agreement. You authorise us to arrange for funds owing on your account to be debited from your nominated account in amounts and at intervals as advised by us to your financial institution.
- The first Debit Item will commence on a day nominated by us or 5 business days after your next account is issued. If the due date for payment falls on a day which is not a Business Day, the Debit Item will be debited to your account on the next business day following the scheduled drawing date. If you are uncertain as to when the debit will be processed to your account, you should contact your financial institution.
- We will provide you no less than 14 days’ notice if there is any variation to any of the debit arrangements. This notice will state the new amount, frequency, next drawing date and any other changes to the terms.
- To make changes to the Direct Debit arrangement, please call us on 1800 108 633, including to defer the debit, alter the scheduled drawing date or arrangement details, stop an individual debit item, or suspend or cancel the Direct Debit arrangement completely. All requests for such stops or cancellations may also be directed to your financial institution. You need to allow three business days for these changes to take effect.
- If your debit item is returned or dishonoured by your financial institution, we will notify you requesting immediate payment. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution or incurred by us in respect of the above will be payable by you.
- We can cancel your Direct Debit arrangement if your debit item is returned or dishonoured by your financial institution on two consecutive occurrences. We will notify you by letter if we cancel your Direct Debit arrangement.
- Unless agreed with you otherwise, your account details will be kept confidential except that information may be provided to our financial institution to initiate the drawing to your nominated account. Our financial institution may require such information to be provided in the event of a claim or relating to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit.
- You are responsible for ensuring:
- your nominated account can accept Direct Debit Items (Direct Debit, through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS), is not available on all accounts). Please note the BECS procedures are only applicable to Debit Items to bank accounts, not to credit card accounts;
- you check your account details against a recent statement from your financial institution;
- the account details you provide are correct and, if uncertain, you are advised to check with your financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Request; and
- you have sufficient clear funds available in the relevant account by the due date, to allow for the payment of Debit Items in accordance with your Direct Debit Request.
- If you believe that a Debit Item has been initiated incorrectly, call us on -1800 108 633, or contact your financial institution. You will receive a full refund of the Debit Item amount if we cannot substantiate the reason for the drawing.
- You can cancel your Direct Debit Request in writing to EnergyAustralia Pty Ltd, Reply Paid 14060, Melbourne VIC 8001, or by calling1800 108 633. You can also contact your financial institution. If you cancel your Direct Debit arrangement completely, we will cease to rely on this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement.
- Gas is not available in Queensland.
EnergyAustralia Pty Ltd ABN 99 086 014 968 trading as On by EnergyAustralia Direct Debit Pack 02/14