If you are currently experiencing an outage due to storms, please refer to the distributors website for the latest power outage information. Your distributor is the company responsible for the pipes, wires and poles in your area.
There have been severe floods and storms in areas of Queensland and New South Wales. As a result there has been a number of power outages - in these cases please contact your distributor.
If you’re a customer using life support equipment, here’s what to do if you think your power might be at risk due to flooding or in the event of an emergency.
- have an action plan to ensure life support machines operate normally
- keep a source of back-up power ready for life support equipment, such as a battery or a generator, and check it regularly.
- know what to do when a life support machine stops working
- keep a mobile phone charged and subscribe to power outage notifications from distributors (where available).
- try to get access to a telephone that doesn’t require power to operate and a battery-operated radio to keep up to date with restoration of power supply during severe weather events.
- make sure you have important information such as names, addresses and telephone numbers of your doctor, the nearest hospital and family and friends who can help you.
- consider making an emergency plan with your doctor for extended outages and emergencies.
- keep a torch with working batteries handy at all times
- get in touch with your distributor on the emergency line
If an unplanned power outage results in a life-threatening situation, call 000 and request an ambulance immediately.
It maybe that your bill has been estimated as a result of the recent floods and the consumption used to generate your bill is estimated.
If you don’t have a smart meter that can be read remotely, your meter needs to be read in-person. In some cases, the meter reader may be having issues accessing your meter, or there maybe other reasons for it not being possible to get an actual reading. In these cases, we may have to use the estimation of your energy usage provided by the distributor, which is based on your property's previous usage pattern.
If you've got an estimated bill, or if you'd like to submit an actual meter read at any time, you can do so by heading here.