EnergyAustralia’s Move-in Lights On Guarantee
Don't be left in the dark on moving day. If you're with EnergyAustralia, we'll make sure the power's on the day you need it. But if it's not, you can claim a credit on your next bill. See full terms and conditions below.
Book your move online or simply call our experts in moving house. Tell us when you are moving and we'll help you with all your energy needs. To get started tell us your new address and when you'd like to be connected and sign up now.
You can book your move online or call our experts in moving house and tell us where and when you're moving. We'll arrange the gas and/or electricity disconnection for your old home and connect you at your new one.
It's that easy. We'll need a few details to get you disconnected and reconnected.
Need an urgent connection?
Please call our experts in moving house on 1800 702 684.
*Move-in Lights on Guarantee Terms and Conditions
At EnergyAustralia, we want your move to be as easy and worry free as possible. So, we’re committed to connecting your power by the agreed date.
If your electricity is not connected by 11:59pm local time on the agreed move-in date you may be eligible to claim a $100 credit, subject to the terms below.
How to move
Contact EnergyAustralia at least 24 hours in advance of the connection date by one of the following options:
Call us on 133 466
Monday to Friday
To arrange a next business day connection – call EnergyAustralia before midday Monday to Friday.
(i) You must ensure there is safe and unhindered access to your electricity meter.
(ii) If the power at the premises is not connected, you must switch off the main power switch/switches on the switchboard.
(iii) Follow any other instructions we give you relating to your connection.
Residential customers who arrange an electricity connection directly through EnergyAustralia.
Does not apply:
- When moving into a new estate, or a residence that has not had electricity connected for 12 months or more.
- If you provided the wrong address or connection date information to us – or mistakenly believe that the power was not connected when in fact the power was connected on the agreed move-in date.
- If EnergyAustralia is not able to connect the electricity to the premises for safety reasons.
- When delays are due to circumstances beyond EnergyAustralia’s control (for example extreme weather, natural disasters).
Making a claim
Monday to Friday
Make a claim at the time of arranging a new connection or at any time within 3 weeks from the initial requested move in date.
Other important terms
1. Credit will appear on your bill. Credits are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Limit 1 credit per move.
2. EnergyAustralia reserves the right to vary or withdraw the Moving House Lights on Guarantee offer at any time, by posting updated terms and requirements on its website. The changes will apply to connections requested on and from the date the changes are published.
3. This Moving House Lights on Guarantee is provided to the customer in addition to any other warranty, right, remedy or consumer guarantee implied by any applicable law which is non-excludable. However, all other implied warranties are expressly excluded.