Book your move with us in under 5 minutes and our Move-In Lights on Guarantee* means that we'll make sure the power is on the day you need it. If it's not, you can claim a $100 credit on your next bill.
Moving with EnergyAustralia is easy. Simply enter your postcode, pick your plan, tell us a few details, and we'll have your power connected in no time.
On average, our customers rate their online sign up experience 4.5 out of 5**
"Simple straight forward sign up process."
"The process was exceptionally easy, and not at all stressful. Thanks!"
"Quick, easy and loving it!"
*Move In Lights on Guarantee Terms and Conditions
At EnergyAustralia, we want your move to be as easy and worry free as possible. So, we’re committed to connecting your power by the agreed date.
If your electricity is not connected by 11:59pm local time on the agreed move-in date you may be eligible to claim a $100 credit, subject to the terms below.
How to move
The further you plan ahead the better. We recommend you contact EnergyAustralia at least four days in advance of the connection date by one of the following options:
Login to My Account
Call us on 133 466, Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 9.00pm AEDT
To arrange a next business day connection – call EnergyAustralia before 1pm Monday to Friday.
(i) You must ensure there is safe and unhindered access to your electricity meter.
(ii) If the power at the premises is not connected, you must switch off the main power switch/switches on the switchboard.
(iii) Follow any other instructions we give you relating to your connection.
Residential customers who arrange an electricity connection directly through EnergyAustralia.
Does not apply:
- When moving into a new estate, or a residence that has not had electricity connected for 12 months or more.
- If you provided the wrong address or connection date information to us – or mistakenly believe that the power was not connected when in fact the power was connected on the agreed move-in date.
- If EnergyAustralia is not able to connect the electricity to the premises for safety reasons.
- When delays are due to circumstances beyond EnergyAustralia’s control (for example extreme weather, natural disasters).
Making a claim
Call 133 466 , Monday to Friday, 8.00am - 9.00pm AEDT
Make a claim at the time of arranging a new connection or at any time within 3 weeks from the initial requested move in date.
Other important terms
- Credit will appear on your bill. Credits are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Limit 1 credit per move.
- EnergyAustralia reserves the right to vary or withdraw the Moving House Lights on Guarantee offer at any time, by posting updated terms and requirements on its website. The changes will apply to connections requested on and from the date the changes are published.
- This Moving House Lights on Guarantee is provided to the customer in addition to any other warranty, right, remedy or consumer guarantee implied by any applicable law which is non-excludable. However, all other implied warranties are expressly excluded.
**Average rating from 39,833 customers surveyed from February 2016 to January 2018.