It’s an email billing service where we email your bill to your nominated email address instead of sending it by post.
- We’ll email your bill to your nominated email address. It’ll be sent from our email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your eBill will include a usage summary and have links that allow you to pay and view your bill. You’ll also be able to set reminders for when your bill is due to be paid.
The links that take you to your online bill expire after 30 days. We also offer a service called My Account that allows you to see and pay your bills at any time.
- Residential gas and electricity customers
- Small business gas and electricity customers
- Register or sign in to My Account to set up eBilling or contact us.
- If you’re already registered for My Account, you can change your bill preference to email - just go to ‘Bill Delivery Preferences’ in My Account and select email for the account/s you’d like to receive an eBill for.
- If you receive your bills via BPAY view, you’ll need to de-register from this service first. For assistance on how to de-register from BPAY view, please speak with your financial institution.
Check your junk or spam folders to see if your bill has been filed incorrectly.
In some cases your email may bounce back. This will happen when your email address is invalid or your inbox is full. If this happens your email address will show on our email delivery report and will be flagged as undeliverable. A paper version of your bill will be sent to you by mail.
Your paper bill will be accompanied with a letter that explains your email delivery issue and will ask if you want to:
- Update your email address
- Join the My Account service instead
We can provide either an emailed bill or a paper bill, not both.
There are no fees for the eBilling service.
eBilling is an email billing service where we email your bill to your nominated email address instead of sending it out by post.
Our eBilling service replaced online billing. If you would like to receive your bills via email, please sign up for eBilling, either by updating your bill delivery preference in My Account or by calling us.
Live chat is currently unavailable.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
To register for My Account, you'll need your Account Number (which can be found on your EnergyAustralia bill), an email address and some ID handy, like a Driver's Licence or Medicare Card, so that we can verify your identity.
You will also be asked to set up a password for your My Account.
You can register now at My Account.
We use data collected from a sample of our customers, across all states in which we operate, and who have been with us for at least 9 months. We have calculated the total energy costs of similar households from the hundreds of thousands of customers sampled and divided that sum by the total number of customers. Using that as a base we have calculated the approximate energy costs for similar households for each month/quarter.
We then apply the rates for your zone, service charges, and any discounts which come with the plan you select. All these can differ from area to area, state to state, and in some cases even from winter to summer.
The simple part is that we do all the calculating. Our aim is to provide you with an indication of what customers of similar households living in your area could expect to pay on average per month/per quarter. It should not be used as an official quote. The amount you actually pay will be based on your individual energy usage.
If you just need an extra week or two to pay a typical bill you can request a payment extension through:
We will automatically adjust the due date. You’ll just need to enter your account details and some information that can be found on your current bill. Contact us if you’re having greater difficulty paying your bill and would like to discuss your options.