As owner of the Mt Piper power station, EnergyAustralia is proud to be part of the Lithgow and surrounding region and is committed to making a positive difference to our local community.
Community Grants Program
EnergyAustralia Mt Piper provides community funding for local initiatives that will deliver sustainable benefits for the Lithgow region.
EnergyAustralia has the following priority areas for funding for round 1. These are:
- Education: Funding aimed at promoting education and knowledge acquisition. This may also include programs with a social or environmental focus and organisations which support career or skill development.
- Social inclusion: Funding aimed at facilitating social inclusion. This is aimed at initiatives that support community cohesion and inclusion for all. It may include such things as men’s sheds, upgrading communal facilities, improving local amenities and supporting vulnerable community members.
- Bushfire relief activities
Specific projects or activities that assist in the recovery of those directly impacted by the recent fires in the Lithgow local Government area (Please note this is only available for round one of the community grants program in 2020)
How to apply for a community grant
Applications for Round 1 will be accepted between 9am, Monday 9 March 2020 and 5pm, Friday 3 April 2020
Before applying, please read our grant guidelines:
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to our 2019 recipients
- Centacare Bathurst
Provide cooking classes, including provision of cookbook, for local families
- Lithgow Bears Rugby League Club
Active Kids Sports Program – provide equipment, end of program awards
- Lithgow Public School
Books in Homes Australia – program to promote literacy
- Wallerawang Lidsdale Progress Association
New Year’s Eve Fireworks
- Lithgow District Car Club
Completion of security fencing of land they use which is owned by EA. Protect endangered Purple Copper Butterfly
- Zig Zag Railway
New energy efficient electric BBQ
- Communities & Kids
- Lithgow Information & Neighbourhood Centre
Bowenfels Community Hub Homework Centre
- Dymocks Children’s Charities
Lithgow Public Library Regeneration
- Healthy Harold
Preventative Health & Safety Education
- Headspace (Marathon Health)
Mobilising Mental Health
EnergyAustralia Lithgow region Community Consultative Committee
The EnergyAustralia Lithgow region Community Consultative Committee (CCC) was formed in 2018 following updated requirements of the Department of Planning and Environment, and continues the information and idea sharing of our previous Community Reference Group. The CCC meets quarterly, usually at our Mt Piper Power Station to discuss major projects affecting our assets (including Wallerawang Power Station and Pine Dale Mine) and to assist in building relations with the local community.
Membership of the group includes representatives of:
- Environmental Groups
- Lithgow City Council
- Community Groups
- Local Residents