We’re pretty easy going at EnergyAustralia. But we have three core values. They define what we do and how we do it. Stating our values is one thing. But acting on them – that’s what we think is really important. So we make sure our values are not just about words in a policy document, but about how we act and behave. Every day in everything we do.
Our values define everything we do
- We know our customers; what they need and value
- We consider the customer in every decision
- We get the detail right and give our customers what we promised
- We take the hassle out of customers' lives
- We treat customers as we would like to be treated ourselves
- We aim to make every customer an advocate of EnergyAustralia
- We do not compromise on safety
- We act with integrity and comply with the law
- We communicate openly and honestly, and listen to our stakeholders
- We weigh the impact of our decisions on returns, the environment and communities
- We treat others with fairness and respect
- We are accountable and take responsibility for our actions
- We never stop looking for new ways to improve
- We innovate, turning opportunity to advantage
- We go after change with enthusiasm and passion
- We recognise change is hard, and support our stakeholders through it
- We are genuine in seeking and giving feedback
- We drive high-performance by setting the right priorities
Our Code of Conduct
We all benefit from a shared understanding of what's appropriate when it comes to how we go about our business. That's where our Code of Conduct comes in. It outlines what's expected of us.
Just as important is supporting our people, and others we work with, who are concerned about something they’ve seen or heard. Our Whistleblowing Policy outlines how instances of possible misconduct can be raised by employees. As well as being able to make reports directly to our People team or Group Internal Audit, reports can be made anonymously via an independently operated whistleblower hotline.