- EnergyAustralia stands available to support customers affected by the flooding in parts of NSW. We will be pausing billing and associated activities for customers residing in impacted postcodes for the foreseeable future.
- EnergyAustralia continues to work around the clock to make our generation available to supply homes and businesses.
- Mt Piper power station in New South Wales has both units in operation
- Yallourn power station in Victoria has three generating units online.
- EnergyAustralia recognises that people face tough situations at different times in their lives. Customers experiencing financial difficulty are encouraged to reach out (small businesses dial 1800 146 749, residential customers dial 133 466).
Statement attributed to Mark Collette, Managing Director at EnergyAustralia:
“Our heart goes out to the communities of NSW affected by the floods.
“We urge NSW customers to call us if they are facing financial difficulty. Small businesses dial 1800 146 749, residential customers dial 133 466.
“Right now EnergyAustralia’s power station teams are ensuring there is good supply into the system to support households and businesses.
“At Yallourn power station in Victoria, three generating units are online (of four in total). We are working hard to return another unit to service within the next week.
“EnergyAustralia’s gas assets have been running seven times the volume compared with the same period last year, playing an important role of keeping the lights on for customers.
“We continue to consult with the Australian Energy Market Operator on the availability of our generating assets across Australia."
EnergyAustralia’s EnergyAssist program means the power won’t be disconnected and debt collection activities won’t be initiated. Residential customers on the program also have access to tailored payment plans, energy audits, information on grant programs and advice on energy usage.
Through Rapid Business Assist, specialist advisors can discuss ways for EnergyAustralia’s small and medium-sized business customers to lower energy consumption, the government energy relief subsidies available, and options for tailored payment schedule.
The team at Mt Piper power station in NSW preparing to lift a spare motor.