- EnergyAustralia is here to make the energy transition simple for our customers, supporting Australia’s net zero energy future.
- EnergyAustralia continues to support a capacity mechanism that drives investment in new flexible generation and storage to complement renewables.
- A separate (and additional) mechanism that provides certainty around the exit of existing coal generation is needed to ensure a smooth transition.
- EnergyAustralia is providing good supply into the system.
- Three units are online at Yallourn power station in Victoria. A fourth unit is offline due to a planned outage and is expected to return to service on 2 September.
- Mt Piper in New South Wales has both generating units operating at full capacity.
- Our gas assets at Tallawarra, Newport, Jeeralang and Hallett are operating to meet demand. Our team is working hard to keep pumping power into the system to support our 1.6 million customers.
EnergyAustralia’s EnergyAssist program means the power won’t be disconnected and debt collection activities won’t be initiated. Residential customers on the program also have access to tailored payment plans, energy audits, information on grant programs and advice on energy usage.