Benefits of solar power
Beyond the obvious advantage of generating your own electricity, solar power has many benefits:
- Solar power works when you do - use the free electricity generated during day-time work hours (e.g. 9am - 5pm).
- Solar power works when businesses typically pay the most for .electricity – peak solar power generation usually occurs in peak and shoulder electricity periods.
- Possible depreciation and company tax benefits.
- Electricity that is clean, renewable and sustainable.
- A chance to improve the value and rental attractiveness of your building.
- Helps your buildings Green Star rating and/or NABERS (National Australian Built Environment Rating System) rating.
- Silent operation.
- No moving parts and very little ongoing maintenance.
You could realise substantial savings by installing a solar power system.
This example shows the electricity consumption profile for a business in Sydney who is currently paying 21c/kWh for electricity:
|Average consumption||125kW hours per day or 45,625kW hours a year|
|Electricity cost||$9,581.25 per annum|
|Electricity consumption||During daylight hours|
|Operating times||6 days per week|
Based on this, we recommended the following system:
|Number of 250W panels||80|
|Roof space required||220m|
|Solar generation||78 kWh or 28,470 kWh per year|
|% of total consumption||62.4%|
Estimated savings per year
(assuming that all the electricity generated by the system is used by the business)
Want to know more?
Call 1800 241 060
Alternatively, enquire online or request a call back at a convenient time.