You or a representative can request up to 2 years of residential electricity data. This data includes both electricity usage and export data (if export data is relevant to your account).
*Only properties with a smart meter are eligible for this request
Data is available in CSV and PDF formats and can take up to 10 business days to be supplied.
To make a request, you’ll need the following information from an electricity bill:
- Account number
- Post code
The request process also includes two options for where to send the data:
- The primary account holder’s email address
- Any other email address (but only after we request and receive the consent of the primary account holder)
Making multiple usage requests at once
If you’re a customer representative that wants to submit multiple usage requests at once:
- Download and fill out the Consent Form for Access to Customer Meter Data (PDF) for each customer
- Download and fill out the Multiple Request Template (CSV) and list every customer you need data for
- Send the consent forms and Multiple Request Template to Type5MeterData@energyaustralia.com.au
Requesting data on behalf of a business customer
You won’t be able to use our online request process if you’re a customer representative requesting data for a business customer.
To request usage data on behalf of a business customer:
- Download and fill out the Consent Form for Access to Customer Meter Data (PDF)
- Send the consent form to Type5MeterData@energyaustralia.com.au
Interpreting the usage data
Download a copy of our guide, How to Interpret Data Contained in Detailed Data Format (PDF).
Need more help?
If you need more assistance, please contact us.