You can notify us in writing about anything to do with this agreement to EnergyAustralia Pty Ltd, Reply Paid 14060, Melbourne, VIC 8001. We may send notices either electronically to your email address or by post to the address provided to us. Any notice will be deemed to have been received on the third business day after emailing or posting.
Direct Debit Request Service Agreement.
- By signing the Direct Debit Request, you authorise us to arrange for funds owing on your account to be debited from your nominated account in amounts and at intervals as advised by us to your financial institution.
- The first Direct Debit withdrawal will start on a day nominated by us or 13 business days after your next account is issued. If any payment falls on a weekend or public holiday, it will be debited to your account on the next business day following the scheduled drawing date. If you're unsure about when your Direct Debit will be processed, please contact your financial institution.
- We'll give you at least 14 days' written notice of any changes to the terms of the Direct Debit arrangement. This notice will state the new amount, frequency, next drawing date and any other changes to the terms.
- To make changes to the Direct Debit arrangement, please call us on 133 466, including to defer the withdrawal, alter the scheduled drawing date, stop an individual withdrawal, or suspend or cancel the Direct Debit arrangement completely. All requests for such stops or cancellations may also be directed to your Financial Institution. You need to allow three business days for these changes to take effect.
- If your debit is returned or dishonoured by your financial institution, we'll send you a letter requesting immediate payment. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution or incurred by us in respect of the above will be payable by you.
- We can cancel your Direct Debit arrangement if your drawing is returned or dishonoured by your financial institution on two consecutive occurrences. We'll notify you by letter if we cancel your Direct Debit arrangement.
- Unless agreed with you otherwise, your account details will be kept confidential except that information may be provided to our financial institution to initiate the drawing to your nominated account, or in connection with a claim of an alleged incorrect or wrongful withdrawal.
- You're responsible for ensuring that:
- your nominated account can accept Direct Debits (Direct Debit, through Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS), is not available on all accounts). Please note that the BECS procedures are only applicable to payments made through your bank account, not to credit card transactions;
- the account details you provided are correct and, if uncertain, you're advised to check with your financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Request; and
- you have sufficient clear funds available in the nominated account by the scheduled drawing date to allow for withdrawals in accordance to your Direct Debit Request.
- If you believe that a withdrawal has been initiated incorrectly, call us on 133 466, or contact your financial institution. You'll receive a full refund of the withdrawal amount if we can't substantiate the reason for the drawing.
- You can cancel your Direct Debit Request in writing to EnergyAustralia Pty Ltd, Reply Paid 14060, Melbourne VIC 8001, or by calling 133 466. You can also contact your financial institution. If you cancel your Direct Debit arrangement completely, we'll cease to rely on this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement.
- Gas is not available in Queensland.
EnergyAustralia Pty Ltd ABN 99 086 014 968 Direct Debit Pack 02/14