- EnergyAustralia is providing good supply into the system.
- Three units at Yallourn in Victoria are online, running and stable. One unit is offline for repairs and will return to service on Wednesday.
- Both units at Mt Piper in New South Wales are operating at full capacity.
- EnergyAustralia’s gas assets at Newport and Tallawarra are online and available. The generators at Jeeralang and Hallett are running at reduced capacity.
- The EnergyAustralia team is working hard to keep pumping power into the system to support our 1.6 million customers.
Protecting victims of family violence and financial abuse
One in four women will be affected by family violence in their lifetime with perpetrators often using control over water, gas, electricity and communications as a form of economic abuse.
As an essential services provider, we understand that family violence can cause difficulties with bill payments, and we acknowledge that we have an important role to play in protecting account information, privacy and personal security.
In January 2020 EnergyAustralia introduced a policy that sets out our commitment to customers and employees affected by family violence. This includes ensuring the billing or any other details of women who are the victims of domestic violence are never inadvertently made available to their perpetrators.
We recognise domestic and family violence as a form of hardship, allowing victims to apply for extensions on their bills and payment plans.