- EnergyAustralia’s gas portfolio is being prioritised to support customers and the ongoing operation of the company’s gas fired generation fleet.
- EnergyAustralia continues to work with suppliers to ensure there is sufficient gas reserves to meet customers’ needs.
- Between January and May 2022, EnergyAustralia’s Hallett, Tallawarra, Jeeralang and Newport power stations were running closer to seven times the standard volume.
- Now with more supply in the system overall, the gas assets are running four times compared with the same period last year.
- Mt Piper power station in New South Wales has both units in operation and continues to supply over 10 per cent of the state’s daily maximum electricity demand.
- There are three units online at Yallourn power station in Victoria. The team is working hard to return the other offline unit to service within the next 24 hours.
EnergyAustralia’s EnergyAssist program means the power won’t be disconnected and debt collection activities won’t be initiated. Residential customers on the program also have access to tailored payment plans, energy audits, information on grant programs and advice on energy usage.
Through Rapid Business Assist, specialist advisors can discuss ways for EnergyAustralia’s small and medium-sized business customers to lower energy consumption, the government energy relief subsidies available, and options for tailored payment schedule.
- Eligible South Australians on low or fixed incomes can apply for help with the cost of energy bills for their principal place of residence. If you receive the energy concession, you could also be eligible for the SA Concessions Energy Discount Offer.
- The Victorian Government is giving a once-off $250 payment for all Victorian households that use the Victorian Energy Compare website, found at https://compare.energy.vic.gov.au/psb-faq
- Queenslanders will receive a $175 Cost of Living Rebate on their next power bill. Electricity providers will automatically apply the credit, so Queenslanders don’t have to apply.
- NSW residents are eligible for Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) $50 vouchers. See Apply for Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) vouchers for more information.