- EnergyAustralia is providing good supply into the system.
- Mt Piper power station in New South Wales has both units in operation and continues to supply over 10 per cent of the state’s daily maximum electricity demand.
- There are two units online at Yallourn power station in Victoria. The team is working hard to return one offline unit over the weekend and the other unit mid next week.
- EnergyAustralia’s Hallett, Tallawarra, Jeeralang and Newport gas-fired power stations are currently running four times the volume compared with the same period last year. Between January and May 2022, the gas assets were running closer to seven times the standard volume.
EnergyAustralia’s EnergyAssist program means the power won’t be disconnected and debt collection activities won’t be initiated. Residential customers on the program also have access to tailored payment plans, energy audits, information on grant programs and advice on energy usage.
Through Rapid Business Assist, specialist advisors can discuss ways for EnergyAustralia’s small and medium-sized business customers to lower energy consumption, the government energy relief subsidies available, and options for tailored payment schedule.
- Eligible South Australians on low or fixed incomes can apply for help with the cost of energy bills for their principal place of residence. If you receive the energy concession, you could also be eligible for the SA Concessions Energy Discount Offer.
- The Victorian Government is giving a once-off $250 payment for all Victorian households that use the Victorian Energy Compare website, found at https://compare.energy.vic.gov.au/psb-faq
- Queenslanders will receive a $175 Cost of Living Rebate on their next power bill. Electricity providers will automatically apply the credit, so Queenslanders don’t have to apply.
- NSW residents are eligible for Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) $50 vouchers. See Apply for Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) vouchers for more information.