- EnergyAustralia is providing good supply into the system.
- There are three units online at Yallourn power station in Victoria, with a fourth expected to return to service today.
- Mt Piper in New South Wales has both units in operation. One unit will be temporarily taken offline on Wednesday for repairs.
- Our gas assets at Hallett, Newport, Tallawarra and Jeeralang are operating at full capacity and four times compared with the same period last year.
- Hallett will be unavailable from 3 to 16 August due to a planned substation outage at Canowie.
- EnergyAustralia continues to work with suppliers to ensure there is sufficient gas reserves to meet customers’ needs.
- Our team is working hard to keep pumping power into the system to support our 2.4 million customer accounts.
EnergyAustralia’s EnergyAssist program means the power won’t be disconnected and debt collection activities won’t be initiated. Residential customers on the program also have access to tailored payment plans, energy audits, information on grant programs and advice on energy usage.
Through Rapid Business Assist, specialist advisors can discuss ways for EnergyAustralia’s small and medium-sized business customers to lower energy consumption, the government energy relief subsidies available, and options for tailored payment schedule.
- Eligible South Australians on low or fixed incomes can apply for help with the cost of energy bills for their principal place of residence. If you receive the energy concession, you could also be eligible for the SA Concessions Energy Discount Offer.
- The Victorian Government is giving a once-off $250 payment for all Victorian households that use the Victorian Energy Compare website, found at https://compare.energy.vic.gov.au/psb-faq
- Queenslanders will receive a $175 Cost of Living Rebate on their next power bill. Electricity providers will automatically apply the credit, so Queenslanders don’t have to apply.
- NSW residents are eligible for Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) $50 vouchers. See Apply for Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) vouchers for more information.