At EnergyAustralia, we want your move to be as easy and worry free as possible. So, we’re committed to connecting your power by the agreed date.
If your electricity is not connected by 11:59pm local time on the agreed move-in date you may be eligible to claim a $100 credit, subject to the terms below.
(i) You must ensure there is safe and unhindered access to your electricity meter.
(ii) If the power at the premises is not connected, you must switch off the main power switch/switches on the switchboard.
(iii) Follow any other instructions we give you relating to your connection.
Residential customers who arrange an electricity connection directly through EnergyAustralia, with at least 1 business day's notice.
Does not apply:
- When moving into a new estate, or a residence that has not had electricity connected for 12 months or more.
- If you provided the wrong address or connection date information to us – or mistakenly believe that the power was not connected when in fact the power was connected on the agreed move-in date.
- If EnergyAustralia is not able to connect the electricity to the premises for safety reasons.
- When delays are due to circumstances beyond EnergyAustralia’s control (for example extreme weather, natural disasters).
- When moving into a property in NSW where it has been remotely de-energised.
Making a claim
Monday to Friday
8.00am - 9.00pm AEST
Make a claim at the time of arranging a new connection or at any time within 3 weeks from the initial requested move in date.
Other important terms
- Credit will appear on your bill. Credits are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Limit 1 credit per move.
- EnergyAustralia reserves the right to vary or withdraw the 'power on the day you move in guarantee' offer at any time, by posting updated terms and requirements on its website. The changes will apply to connections requested on and from the date the changes are published.
- This 'power on the day you move in guarantee' is provided to the customer in addition to any other warranty, right, remedy or consumer guarantee implied by any applicable law which is non-excludable. However, all other implied warranties are expressly excluded.