EnergyAustralia released the following comments on legal proceedings initiated by the Australian Parents for Climate Action.
- EnergyAustralia is disappointed that the Australian Parents for Climate Action group has chosen to commence court proceedings rather than engaging with EnergyAustralia to share ideas about ways to ensure that consumers can make informed choices.
- EnergyAustralia denies the allegations of misleading or deceptive conduct in relation to our Go Neutral and PureEnergy products and intends to defend the proceeding.
- In respect of the Go Neutral product, EnergyAustralia has complied with the Climate Active certification process and ensured the statements we make about the product are consistent with the nature of certification under the Climate Active Standard.
- Climate Active is an ongoing partnership between the Australian Government and Australian businesses to drive voluntary climate action. The brand represents Australia’s collective effort to measure, reduce, and offset carbon emissions to lessen our negative impact on the environment.
- EnergyAustralia is committed to ensuring that consumers can make informed choices in respect of our retail energy offering.
For media enquiries, please contact: Jacinta Smith - Jacinta.firstname.lastname@example.org / 0430-755 537