How to compare electricity & gas plans
Take the time and learn how to compare plans – it’ll leave you more informed when it comes to selecting a plan.
Plan comparison checklist
A little research and comparison can go a long way. Before you connect or make a switch, take in the following:
- Energy tariffs – what pricing scale is used for the particular plan?
- discounts and offers – do you get a guaranteed discount or discount for paying your bills by the due date?
- type of contract – is the plan on a standard or market retail contract ?
- service options – do you receive a bi-monthly, monthly or quarterly bill? Is full payment required or can you opt for a payment plan?
- fees and charges – are there connection/disconnection fees, late payment fees, concessions or early exit fees?
- terms and conditions – how long is the benefit term? Are there any special conditions?
- add-ons – are there green energy and solar power options on your plan?
- features and benefits – what are the top three benefits of your chosen plan?
Compare electricity and gas plans in your state
Compare our residential electricity and gas plans and find the one that’s right for you.Find a plan