Pledge to make sustainability your business by signing up to carbon neutral electricity.
Now more than ever, customers expect the businesses they engage with to play their part in a more sustainable future.
When you sign up to Business Carbon Neutral as an EnergyAustralia business electricity customer, we make your business premises’ electricity use carbon neutral by purchasing carbon offset units to balance out the emissions.
To help promote your carbon neutral pledge, your subscription also includes a marketing toolkit consisting of point of sale collateral and digital assets that allow you to proudly display and publicise your business' participation.
And it’s all from $6.92 per week*, paid in one annual upfront payment.
Speak to a business energy specialist today to learn more about Business Carbon Neutral and how you can reduce your carbon footprint.
* The amount payable to cover up to 12 months’ offsets will be confirmed on signing up, is payable upfront and will depend on your expected electricity use. $6.92 per week is applicable for an annual business electricity usage of up to 12MWh and additional fees may apply for higher usage.
How Business Carbon Neutral works:
1. Carbon emissions are created from your business premises' electricity use.
2. We offset those emissions through carbon offset units from climate action projects.
3. The result? Carbon neutral electricity, positive environmental and community benefits.
Our carbon offsets come from accredited climate action projects in Australia and around the world. Many of these projects provide economic, social and environmental benefits to communities, in addition to offsetting carbon emissions.
EnergyAustralia is part of the Climate Active Network
EnergyAustralia is part of the Climate Active Network. The Climate Active Network is an Australian network of climate leaders and companies. The goal of the Climate Active Network is to take collective action on climate change and protect Australia’s environment. Look for the Climate Active logo on all our Business Carbon Neutral communications. Climate Active certification for products like Business Carbon Neutral makes it easier for consumers to make a conscious decision to identify and choose certified products that are making a difference.
Request a callback
Business Carbon Neutral Product Terms and Conditions
This Contract sets out the terms and conditions upon which EnergyAustralia Pty Ltd ABN 99 086 04 968 (EnergyAustralia) (referred to in these terms and conditions as "we", "our" and "us") agrees to provide you the Business Carbon Neutral Product (the Product).
These terms and conditions will apply if you opt in to the Business Carbon Neutral Product, and they form a separate contract between you and us, in addition to your Market Retail Contract under which we supply you with electricity.
- The Product is only available on business customer accounts with an active EnergyAustralia electricity plan under a Market Retail Contract (Eligible Accounts).
- These terms and conditions apply to each Eligible Account for which you opt in to the Product.
2. Product and charges
- Once you opt in to the Product, we will offset the carbon emissions from your electricity consumption under your Eligible Account on and from the date you opt in (Opt In Date) unless we have not yet started supplying electricity to your premises under that Eligible Account, in which case we will offset the carbon emissions on and from the Supply Start Date.
- You agree to pay a charge for the Product (the Charge) that we quote to you before you opted in to the Product and as adjusted under this Contract. We may provide the quote to you verbally.
- The Charge will be calculated as a monthly fee for the Product multiplied by the number of calendar months (inclusive of full and partial months) between the Opt In Date and the next month of February. For example, if the Opt In Date is 2 September 2020, the monthly fee will be multiplied by the 6 months between September 2020 and February 2021 (inclusive) to create the Charge at the start of this Contract.
- We will issue an invoice for the Charge, requiring payment within no less than 14 days, which may be issued separately to your electricity bills. You agree that the Charge will be charged in addition to the electricity tariffs and charges that you’re obliged to pay under your Market Retail Contract.
- If you move premises, or your EnergyAustralia account number changes due to other changes made on your account, we will no longer provide you with the Product under this Contract. You can contact us at any time to reactivate the Product on your account.
- This Contract commences on the Opt In Date, and continues until terminated under this clause 3 (Term).
- At least 30 days before 28 February in each year of the Term, we may give you notice of a new amount for the Charge which will apply for the Product in the 12 months from 28 February. The new amount of the Charge will be based on, among other factors, the information we have available to us about your electricity usage in the 12 months prior to the date we give you notice.
- After receiving a notice from us under paragraph (b), you may opt out of the new Charge by contacting us at any time before 28 February, and this Contract will end on that date. If you do not contact us to opt out by that date, you acknowledge that we will issue an invoice for the new amount of the Charge in accordance with clause 2(d).
- If you cancel this Contract, these terms and conditions will no longer apply to you from the date the Contract ends but there will be no change to any other contract between you and us.
- If your account is no longer eligible for the Product in accordance with clause 1(a), then this Contract will end with effect from the date you become ineligible. You will not be entitled to any reimbursement of the Charge you have already paid.
4. Marketing materials
- Within a reasonable period after the Opt In Date, we will provide you with a set of marketing materials and collateral (the exact content of which will be determined at our discretion) (Materials) to enable you to promote your use of the Product. We will also provide you with, or refer you to, a set of guidelines on the use of these Materials. You agree to comply with these guidelines and other directions we may give you in relation to your use of the Materials, including directions to cease using any Materials.
- You acknowledge that you may not amend or vary any of the Materials except with our consent (provided at our absolute discretion).
- You acknowledge that you may only use the Materials in connection with your premises at which EnergyAustralia is providing the Product.
- The Product is certified Carbon Neutral by Climate Active (an initiative of the Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources). For more information on the Climate Active Carbon Neutral Certification program, please go to www.climateactive.org.au.
- In addition to the Materials mentioned in clause 4(a), we may provide you with materials containing branding from Climate Active. You acknowledge that you may not use any Climate Active branding or refer to Climate Active in any advertising in connection with the Product except as directed by EnergyAustralia. You also agree to comply with any directions to cease using materials containing branding from Climate Active.
- You acknowledge that failure to comply with our directions in respect of Climate Active branding may cause EnergyAustralia to be in breach of its obligations under its licence to use Climate Active trademarks. You agree that, to the extent permitted by law, you will indemnify us for any losses or damages we suffer due to your failure to comply with any directions given in respect of Climate Active branding.
- You agree to immediately notify us of any claim, demand or proceeding brought against you, or in respect of which you may become liable, arising out of your use of any Climate Active branding in connection with the Product.
- If for any reason the Product ceases to be accredited under the rules of the Climate Active Carbon Neutral Standard, or we are no longer able to continue providing the Product, we will notify you of your options as soon as practicable. At this time, you may terminate this contract with immediate effect by notifying us.
- We may send you notices under this Contract, and other information about the Product, by email.
- This Contract does not limit, vary or exclude the operation of any other contract between you and us.
- We may vary the terms and conditions applicable to the Product by posting updated terms and conditions on our website. However, if you have an existing Contract for the Product, we will give you reasonable notice of any changes to the terms and conditions before they become effective..
- Other terms used in this Contract have the same meanings as in the Market Retail Contract for the sale of energy between you and us.