If you are currently experiening an outage due to storms, please refer to the Ausgrid website for the latest power outage information: https://www.ausgrid.com.au/poweroutages
Should you need to make a claim : https://www.ausgrid.com.au/Contact-Us/Claims/Claims-Help
There have been severe floods and storms in areas of NSW and Queensland. As a result there has been a number of power outages - in these cases please contact your distributor.
If you’re a customer using life support equipment, here’s what to do if you think your power might be at risk due to flooding or in the event of an emergency.
- have an action plan to ensure life support machines operate normally
- keep a source of back-up power ready for life support equipment, such as a battery or a generator, and check it regularly.
- know what to do when a life support machine stops working
- keep a mobile phone charged and subscribe to power outage notifications from distributors (where available). Your distributor is the company responsible for the pipes, wires and poles in your area.
- try to get access to a telephone that doesn’t require power to operate and a battery-operated radio to keep up to date with restoration of power supply during severe weather events.
- make sure you have important information such as names, addresses and telephone numbers of your doctor, the nearest hospital and family and friends who can help you.
- consider making an emergency plan with your doctor for extended outages and emergencies.
- keep a torch with working batteries handy at all times
- get in touch with your distributor on the emergency line
If an unplanned power outage results in a life-threatening situation, call 000 and request an ambulance immediately.