Our heart goes out to everyone across Australia whose lives and homes have been impacted by these devastating fires.
For our customers who have been directly impacted by the fires, please know that for the time being, we’ve put your energy bills on hold.
You don’t have to do anything as we’ve applied these measures automatically. The last thing you want to worry about is your energy bills.
We have a dedicated team called EnergyAssist who are providing priority assistance to customers who have lost their homes or have been evacuated. Customers can call 1800 120 084.
We encourage customers who need a continuous supply of power for their life support equipment to have their back-up plans ready to go in the event there are power losses, and to contact us with any questions.
To support communities impacted by bushfires we have also committed to the following measures:
- Supporting customers who have lost their homes or small businesses because of the fires by waiving monies owing on their accounts.
- Offering re-connections free of charge when customers who have lost their homes start to re-build.
- Donation to emergency support agencies and charities in the heavily impacted East Gippsland (Victoria) and Lithgow (New South Wales) regions, areas where EnergyAustralia has a strong community presence through its power stations.
- donation to charity partner Foodbank Victoria to help get supplies of food, water and other necessities to impacted regions.
- Matching donations by EnergyAustralia employees to bushfire relief efforts.
- CLP (EnergyAustralia's parent company) have also committed to match our employees' donations
- Expanding volunteering opportunities for EnergyAustralia employees, so they can contribute to immediate relief efforts and, when the time is right, rebuilding affected communities.
- Doubling the number of days of paid leave for employees who are emergency response volunteers, including firefighters.
We’ll stay in close contact with our charity partners. We will share more about how we’re helping families and businesses recover as we work out the best approach
Please take care and stay safe.